Makes 6 kebabs
Looking for something different to spice up your Festive Season braai menu? A braai doesn’t have to be all chops, wors and sides and can really give you a break from the usual meal prep on a stove. This one will surprise you – it’s fantastically yummy!
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ½ a lemon, juiced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm chunks
- A large handful of mint leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-2 red chillies, sliced
- 2 Tbsp soft light brown sugar 2 tbsp
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled and cut into thick round slices, then into 3cm chunks (excluding the hard core)
Combine the paprika, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil with some salt. Mix to a paste and combine with the diced chicken, mixing well. Set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
Combine the sugar and lime juice in a large bowl. Add the pineapple slices and mix well, making sure every slice is coated.
Divide the chicken meat into six portions, ready to place onto six large skewers.
Skewer the chicken and pineapple pieces onto the skewers, alternating the meat and the fruit. Once your braai fire is ready, cook the kebabs over direct heat for 20-25 minutes, turning regularly, or until cooked through and lightly charred at the edges.
Top the cooked kebabs with the mint, sesame seeds and red chillies. Serve.
Recipe credit: https://www.olivemagazine.com/